Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Forum event] Valentine's day in Anno Online

Server
    Crow's Nest
    Sure, Love is cool.. Here's mine

Server
    Crow's Nest
    Passion unseen

In Gwynneth lives a painter, whom is responsible for plates which were designed for the production of the books back in Windward, and there too his lover who may well be one of the fairest in all the land - but will never see it for fever long ago robbed him of the use of his sight. He adapted well, learned a skill to work a trade, grew up to know the world through the tips of his hands, and to the painter was sweeter then sunlight through the beveled glass of his window. Still for the creative of mind and strong of heart romance, passion, and the erotic can be ever obtained.

Lovell had seen this day coming for some time now. Although he had courted a number of times before this time, luring young women into his sheets on a few of them with something pretty or something witty, he could not simply do so this time. He was with a man now, whom he really did feel for, but deserved more than a few line spouted off while clumsily stroking his fingers over lute strings. Daniel needed more - did not ask for it, but deserved something to set his special day apart from those of other people.
    And on one day as Lovell looked out from his work station of paints and inks and ledgers of calligraphy and some of the rough drafts he had drawn up to run past His Excellency's approval in order to "spruce up" some of the pages of the Lord's works he happened upon an idea for how to make the day special for Daniel.

"Come with me" said the painter to his love. "Come with me for there is something I would very much like to show you - an expression of my love."
    His lover was for the moment taken back as he knew that the painter knew fully well that he could not see, but still he followed him through the home he knew intimately. "Okay. I do not know what you have in your mind, but I will humor you."
    The painter smiled a little as he led his other half through the home they shared until he had brought him into his workroom where he had his things all set in preparation for this moment. He had the tools of his trade, canvas rolled out upon the floor, and a sturdy yet fairly comfortable chair set for the other to sit and rest upon. He took the hand of his lover and set it upon the neck of the chair so that he knew and could feel it there and know where he was meaning for him to seat himself.
    "I just need for you to undress - remove your shirt. Everything else can stay on . . . for now." The Painter smiled at his final added words adding a sense of playful leering to the exchange.
    There was a corresponding smile in response as the lover's fingers untied the shirt of finely made off white linen before pulling it up and off of his shoulders to expose how pale his skin was and how bordering on the effeminate he was in his muscle tone and movements.
    "Look this?" He spoke with a smile and laying the garment across the top of the chair.
    "Yes. That is very much perfect. Now, take a seat. Get comfortable."
    How the Lovell wanted to take that body into his hands and crush the skin and mark it so that it colored slightly rubbing against his own body. But no. The work was more important - he wanted to do this for him. Not just "do" him. His hands he let glide over Daniel's skin a few times to get to know the porous natural of what he was using and devised that the paint would need to be thick and near gel - much like what he would need or hand painted vellum - it would work.
    "Now this will be sightly cold when I start, but try not to move overly much." He whispered in Daniel's ear enjoying the nearness and the surely sinful delight he took right now.

With a careful stroke of his paint brush he started with his very first character drawn upon the smooth and unflawed pale skin. His lover gasped taking in a sharp inhale of breath which further cause his back to move. This was to be expected -the ink was after all nearly as cold as the room it had sat in. But with the initial shock of chill understood and over now it could be planned, expected, and guarded against as the strokes continued and and application sped up to nearly a normal pace for the painter. He carefully formed and made each mark with as much care as he did for his profession except his work was his work - this was a passion. And this page of living flesh was more important than even the requests from Northburgh whom curried favor of the former Emperor himself.
    The embellishments of the first letter was the first to take form on Daniel's left shoulder - outlined at first and then taking base color second and then secondary colors next to define the scene frozen in time of figures which represented both Lovell and Daniel together in a lover's pose, and then with high lights so that the scene should not look so flat but to appear to have a measure of form and depth. As a final touch to the embellished letter Lovell added a thin layer of gold foil carefully to his work which the metallic finish helps give it a more pricey finish. This was by and far the most time consuming of his labours so that when he set himself to hand drawing the letters in calligraphy it started to go much quicker. Lovell had a loom which gave him a guide without having actual lines having to be put on Daniel's back so that he could write without the sentences ascending or descending unintentionally. It was in this method that Lovell wrote upon his lover word after word and line after line until he completed his work a hand width shy of the back of Daniel's pelvis.

"Here is the story of us.
    Written by hand
    laid upon flesh
    A story of two
    given in love
    strong as any vow
    true as any promise
    My name is Daniel
    and I am adored"

When Lovell stepped back from Daniel and his work he appraised it for the hand that he wrote in. Surely the lettering would crack and fall away, possibly as early as this evening, but for right now as it lay drying it was good. A worthy temporary tattoo which could be their personal enjoyment with enough time to fade and come away before attending Easter Mass over in Windward in nearly a month's time. Although his work was solid he did not feel like tempting the Bishop's ire with their blatant display of homosexual proclivity.
    "You have made me beautiful haven't you?" Came Daniel's voice.
    "I have made of you a declaration worthy of you - half as much as you deserve, but as best as I am capable." Lovell took a moment to watch as the words moved and shifted as Daniel twisted to move and for the time the letters held. "Thank you, for everything. Now, if you would like, we could invite a few friends over and show you off."

Server
    Crow's Nest
    A note from pirate to his bonnie lass on Newport:

Roses and RED like your sweet lips,
    and Violets are BLUE like your smiling eyes,
    The sea is lonely so here is my wish,
    Please say you will be my lovely valentine!!!

I Love you my Bonnie Lass!!

V FOR VICTORY

Server
    Crow's Nest
    Tom was walking down the newly laid stone roads that were just put down, and he noticed that there was a beautiful woman walking past him. He averted his gaze and waited for her to pass, but as she walked past him, he turned to look at her. She was carrying a satchel on her back and it was full of apples. She must work in an orchard. Tom turned back around and walked down the street towards his house. When he arrived, he wondered if she was working in the new orchard that was just down the street.

Tom awoke the next morning, and stepped out of his house on imperial square, and saw her again. “excuse me!” he yelled. The woman stopped and looked at the man, eyes widening with surprise. “Yes sir?” she said sheepishly. Tom looked at her precariously and said, “I’d like to buy one of your apples. Is that ok?” She slid the satchel down and grabbed an apple for him. It was the brightest red Tom has ever seen. “This is a beautiful apple. What is the price for it?” The woman smiled and said, “Nothing. You may have it. The orchard has too many apples and we are looking to get rid of some here and there. I take the extras to the market and give them to the children.” Tom smiled, “What is your name fair lady?” She backed away, “I’m no fair lady. I’m a simple pioneer who recently moved here.” “Nonsense,” Tom said, “Your kindness is that of a queen. May I accompany you to the market? I would like to help handing out apples with you.” She stood there in near shock. “I, uh, I, well, umm…” Tom walked down to her and grabbed her satchel off of the ground. “My name is Tom. I still never got yours.” She looked at him and with red cheeks said, “My name is Liz.”

Tom and Liz went to the market and were only there for a few minutes when one of the children came up and began telling Liz that her friend looked really handsome. Liz couldn’t help but blush. She shooed the girl away and turned to Tom who was as red as the apple she gave him earlier in the day. “Tom, I should be going home soon.” He stood up and said, “Sure. I will walk you home.” Liz began to protest, “No, it would be too much trouble for you to go past your house and then all the way back. I will be fine.” Tom couldn’t allow a lady to walk alone back and forth to the market each day. “Liz, I feel like I should walk you home to make sure you get there safe. Please let me or I will feel worried.” She reluctantly agreed and they began walking. Liz was worried that Tom would judge her because of where she lived. Being a pioneer wasn’t exactly marriage material for an Imperial like Tom. As they passed through the merchant quarter, she turned to Tom. “Look, I don’t want you to follow me any further. I will be fine. Just go home and I will make it the rest of the way.” Tom looked at her confused, wondering what was wrong. “Have I done something to upset you?” he asked. Liz turned away, looking down the street. “I am afraid of what you will think of me when you see where I live.” Tom reached over and turned Liz to face him, “It doesn’t matter where you live, so long as you live life to the fullest. I do not care if you’re a pioneer that just came here, or an Imperial that has lived here from the beginning. I care for you, and hopefully, by me standing here on merchant street begging for you to allow me to continue the journey to your house, this proves testament to the feelings I have for you.” Liz looked into Tom’s eyes and smiled. She had never been so happy in her life. When they arrived at her house, Tom looked to the left and noticed a huge garden of apple trees. “What a beautiful apple garden. I can see why you like living here.” She smiled and said, “Free apples and a great view will make anyone happy.” Tom smiled and said, “Same time tomorrow?” She walked to him, gave him a kiss on the cheek and said, “Same time tomorrow.”

Eight months later, Tom and Liz are expcting a baby. Tom sold his flat in the Imperial house and rebuilt Liz’s house into a much roomier Vassal style house. They have been happy ever since that one apple changed their lives.

Server
    Crow's Nest
    A letter from the blacksmith to the beautiful spinners daughter:
    My Love,
    I think of you every day, and dream of you every night.
    There must be a way to spend more time together.
    I can not wait for the day we are together forever.
    I send you this letter to ask you to be my valentine.
    Please do me the honor of being my one and only love.
    Tell me when we meet under the stars that you will be mine!
    Say you do want to marry me so I can make you my wife!
    Love,
    Your favorite Blacksmith

Server
    El puesto de vigía
    Everybody gets married in this romantic place.
    Lovely lovers walk along these paths and live in these houses.
    The red houses are for newlyweds.

Server
    El puesto de vigía
    St. Valentine's Maze

Server
    Crow's Nest
    Some very beautiful images in this thread!

Spent some time putting this together. then spent even more time since the bench was in a bad spot so everything was one square off xD

Server
    Crow's Nest

Cupids Isle

Server
    Crow's Nest
    Hello,

Thank you everyone for sharing your love in this event.

We will try to send rewards to all participants soon.

Kind regards,
    BB_Taku

Reply to Thread