Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ascension Rights Compendium

Server
    Crow's Nest

Ascension Rights Compendium

Hello, and welcome to the Anno Online Ascension Rights Compendium.

The focus of this guide is to raise awareness for the upgrade button.

To look like this one.

Showing one of these tooltips.

An ascension right is needed to turn a house of a lower rank into a house of higher rank.

In order to ascend a house you will meet these criteria.

--1. All needs met in the residence menu.
    --2. Available ascension rights for the type of house you are ascending.
    --3. Upgrade costs met.

Realization of available ascension rights begins with the population tab in the upper right corner of your screen.

Clicking reveals this menu.

Here the 4 castes of society are shown.
    Pioneers, Vassals, Merchants, and Imperials.

The numbers below each picture indicate how many houses you have of this type.

Whole numbers are total houses currently existing..

Fractional data is for instance 119/124. Meaning 119 houses currently existing and 124 total possible, for how many rights you have.

If there is a number above a resident, you have that many ascension rights for this particular group.

No number above, and it means you do not possess rights for ascension.

Gaining Ascension Rights

Ascension rights increase, as follows:
    --Increasing Pioneer Residences creates Pioneer Licenses (building houses)
    --Increasing Pioneer Licenses creates Vassal ascension rights and consequently more Vassal Licenses
    --Increasing Vassal Licenses creates Merchant ascension rights and consequently more Merchant Licenses
    --Increasing Merchant Licenses creates Imperial ascension rights and...

Basically, you need more lower level houses to make higher level houses.

Think of it like a pyramid that needs more stones at the bottom to support the top.

This next part will deal with ascending each type of residence.

In the residence popup menu, clicking on each icon will give you more information about how well the demands are being met.

Food ------------ - Community
    Drinks ---------- - Services
    Clothing ------ - Faith
    Possessions - - Entertainment

Pioneer Resident Ascension

Left side values generally only affect income, but they are important to achieving ascension.

Food, Drinks, and Clothing demand must be met to the level of the green marker on the left side bars. Roughly 70%.

Right side values are met by being in the influence area of a certain type of building.

Community - connection to a market. A connection implies a road connection to a building in which you are covered by its influence area.

Services - Pioneers require the influence area of 1 type of service building (Carpenter, Fire House, or Debtor's Prison).

Faith - Pioneers require the influence area of 1 type of faith building (Chapel or Church).

Upgrade cost for Pioneer to Vassal : 2.0k Gold, 60 Wood

Vassal Resident Ascension

Left side values need to be raised to the green marker, which has been raised to 80% fulfillment.

Right side values

Services -Vassals require the influence area of 2 types of service buildings (Carpenter, Fire House, or Debtor's Prison).

Faith - Vassals require the influence area of 1 type of faith building (Chapel or Church).

Entertainment - Vassals require the influence area of 1 type of entertainment venue (Tavern or Tournament Arena).

Upgrade cost for Vassal to Merchant : 15.0k Gold, 100 stone

Merchant Resident Ascension

Left side values need to be raised to the green marker, raised again to around 90% fulfillment.

Don't forget - Spices are now part of Merchant food group.

Possessions tab installed on right side, works same as the others.

Right side values

Services - Merchants require the influence area of 3 types of service buildings (carpenter, Fire House, and Debtor's Prison).

Faith - Merchants require the influence area of 2 types of faith buildings (Chapel and Church).

Entertainment - Merchants require the influence area of 2 types of entertainment venues (Tavern and Tournament Arena).

Upgrade cost for Merchant to Imperial : 100.0k Gold, 500 Tools

In closing, you can ascend a residence when you have : Available ascension rights, all needs of the house met, and can afford the upgrade cost.

When this happens, you get a green upward pointing arrow over the house and a mouse over shows this picture.

Server
    Crow's Nest
    would be nice to have the actual "ratios" as I think a lot of people still dont know them

Server
    Crow's Nest
    you mean 1000:500:250:100 (Total built/ upgraded), or perhaps 500:250:150:100 (Total after upgrades), 10:5:3:2 (reduced fraction), 40:20:10:5 (every 4 out of 5 times) (Imperial license numbers).

Edit: Vassal licence numbers 10:5:_:_. Merchant license numbers 20:10:5:_. Vassals unlock at 32 pioneer houses (15 vassal licenses to start). Merchants open at 100 vassal houses (50 merchant licenses to start). Imperials unlock at 120 merchant houses (45 imperial licences to start).
    Last edited by Damien; 04.07.13 at 20:10.

Server
    Crow's Nest
    If you have an arena, it will satisfy the ascension requirements of entertainment for vassals (don't need tavern). Same goes for prison, church and surgery. This is helpful for sprawling communities with gaps of lower buildings in some areas as some buildings like the arena have downright massive coverage areas.

Server
    Crow's Nest
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvermink View Post
    If you have an arena, it will satisfy the ascension requirements of entertainment for vassals (don't need tavern). .
    this is a very interesting point and with some "building moving" you could get really efficient

Server
    Crow's Nest
    OK, since Rfspades hasn't updated this thread (I'm guessing he hasn't logged on in a while) I decided to update it for him.

Not much has changed, only the ascension panel itself, but all the other rules are the same.

What the new ascension panel means;

Bottom row is for ascension of Pioneers to Vassal, middle row is for ascension of Vassal to Merchant, and top row is for ascension of Merchant to Imperial.

3 columns;

1st column with the green checkmark and the number (in this example "4x" in the Pioneer to Vassal row) says I currently have 4 Pioneer houses that have all their required needs and wants fulfilled to the required levels (left and right side values).

2nd column is how many actual licenses you have (in this same example I have 451 Pioneer to Vassal Licenses)

3rd column is how many more of this level of housing you need to build to gain another set of licenses ...in this example I would need to build 1207 more Pioneer houses to gain another set of 5 Pioneer to Vassal Licenses, because these licenses come in stacks of 5...for every 10 Pioneer you build you get 5 Vassal Licenses.

Again looking at the pic, Vassel to Merchant level I have 0 ascendable Vassel houses (which could mean a numbe of things like I don't have any Vassal houses, or the Vassal houses I do have have not met the "left/right side values" required for ascension), but I do have 76 Licenses to ascend 76 Vassals to Merchants, and to gain another set of Vassal to Merchant licenses I would need to build 461 more Vassal houses.

To finish off the pic and for 1 more example. Top row, Merchant to Imperial. I have 104 ascendable Merchant houses (meaning their "left/right side values" have been met (which does not mean I only have 104 Merchants, only that I only have 104 with those "left/right side values" met), but I have no Merchant to Imperial Licenses, and to get another set of Merchant to Imperial Licenses I would need to build 89 more Merchant houses.

Also, what used to be called "Services", "Faith" and "Entertainment" buildings is now all under the banner of "Attractions" and are no longer required for ascension. Only fulfilling their needs/wants with regards to food/drink/clothing/property
    Last edited by Wolfen; 23.08.14 at 19:47.

Server
    Crow's Nest
    Thanks for the nice update, it was really needed..

Server
    Crow's Nest
    This needs to be updated for the new numbers and ratios. I can't unlock imperials, and it is getting very frustrating.

Server
    Crow's Nest
    AdamKru...the numbers and ratios have not changed...everything is the same except now you no longer need "attractions" (or services as they used to be called)!

But everything else is the same!

There is an ascension bug (was supposed to have been fixed) that was causing some people to not get ascension rights when they should have, that may be your problem. Check the technical support forum!

Server
    Crow's Nest
    It would be nice to have the numbers at the top
    #Pioneers = Vassals
    #Vassals =, etc.
    I would post them, but don't know the numbers. Just list them straight out....

Reply to Thread